Relationships and Communication Counselling Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
A valuable course for anyone involved in marriage and couples counselling. There is much and varied reasons why relationships break down and irreconcilable differences is one of them. If you work with couples, support them or want to understand your own relationship better this course is indispensable. With this course you will:
- Learn to provide marriage and couples counselling
- Learn why relationships break down
- Learn how to help others maintain their relationships
If you want to learn more about relationships and communication counselling, this is the course for you. Develop your understanding of the role communication plays in creating, maintaining or destroying relationships, and your ability to assist others to improve their relationships communications.
- Explore the establishment of positive communication in emergent relationships and the various factors that influence relational processes;
- Examine perceptions of ourselves and how this affects our communication and influences our communication goals;
- To identify and examine patterns of communication in close relationships and consider the functions of thoughts, feelings and actions and how they inform our communication responses;
- Recognise the role of third party influences when communicating in relationships and the changing needs in a persons lifetime that affect their communication;
- Listen with improved empathy and respond accordingly;
- To understand constructive and destructive methods of maintaining relationships.
Your TutorKaren Gail Ibanez, M.A. Clinical Psychology, B.Sc. Psychology
In 2007, Karen Gail worked as a psychometrician where she administered and interpreted psychological tests in a private neuro-psychiatric clinic and was promoted to junior psychologist after two years where her role changed to psychological assessment and evaluation. By 2009, she started giving training and seminars to affiliate companies of the clinic that she worked for. By 2011, she was promoted again as an assistant psychologist and started with the counseling practice which is one of the clinic’s services. Most of clients she had was for anger management, career counseling as well as family counseling. She resigned from the clinic after eight years but was asked to serve as the clinic’s consultant.
In 2010, worked as an assistant professor in a university where she taught courses in psychology as well as philosophy but mainly focusing on Psychological Testing and Development.