Careerline offers a broad range of high-quality, online marine biology courses. Each course focuses on a different aspect of marine biology and aquaculture, so no matter where your interests lie, you’re sure to find a course that suits you. If you’re ready to take the next step in your career or become more skilled at your hobby, keep reading!
Are you fascinated by the creatures that live under the sea? Passionate about fish breeding, farming, or aquarium management? If you want to deepen your understanding of freshwater or saltwater animals, plants, and ecosystems, studying with Careerline Courses could be right for you.
- Course overview: This online Aquaculture course will teach you the essentials of caring for and breeding freshwater fish (e.g. trout, tilapia, crayfish, and barramundi). Students of this course are taught about aquaculture production systems and how to select the right system for their own needs. This course also dedicates lesson(s) to help you choose species of fish that are suitable for your climate, the scale of your operation, local market demand, and available resources.
- Recommended for: Fish owners, farmers, and enthusiasts of all skill and experience levels – anyone interested in owning, breeding, or selling freshwater fish, either as a career or hobby. This course is also designed as a starting point for anyone wishing to undertake university or college study in marine biology, fisheries management, marine science, or aquaculture.
- Link: https://www.careerlinecourses.com.au/aquaculture-marine-biology/aquaculture-online-course/
- Course overview: If you want to learn all about managing freshwater and saltwater aquariums, Careerline’s online Aquarium Management course is for you! In this course, you will learn how to set up your very own aquarium for either business or hobby purposes. Lessons covering selection of appropriate fish, plants, and other sea life; as well as how to feed, care for, and maintain. Students of this course also learn the symptoms of common diseases and health issues that affect fish.
- Recommended for: if you currently or hope to work as a marine scientist, zoo or animal sanctuary staff member, animal care volunteer, or aquarium retail professional, you will be able to apply your new-found knowledge to your career.
- Link: https://www.careerlinecourses.com.au/animals/aquarium-management-online-course/
- Course overview: This tutor supported course will teach you about marine ecosystems and the lifeforms that inhabit them. You will learn about the biology, anatomy, and classes of fish, sharks, shellfish and crustaceans, marine mammals, turtles, and sea snakes. This marine biology course also covers the types of ecosystems that marine animals reside in, and the impact of human activity on these ecosystems.
- Recommended for: Beginners with a limited knowledge of marine biology will benefit the most from this course. Marine Studies A is also recommended for professionals working as tour guides, ecotourism managers, or veterinary assistants; as well as those with an interest in water-based recreational activities such as scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing, or sailing can use this course to become better at their craft.
- Link: https://www.careerlinecourses.com.au/aquaculture-marine-biology/marine-studies-marine-biology-a-online-course/
- Course overview: If you already have a basic understanding of marine biology, Marine Studies B will allow you to develop a more in-depth knowledge of the lifeforms that live in our oceans. With the support of your qualified and experienced tutor, you will build upon your existing skills to further your understanding of marine lifeforms. As a student of this course, you will study the anatomy and biology of several types of marine fish, reptiles, birds, mammals, and plants. With a focus on marine plants, arthropods, cnidarians and worms, simple organisms, molluscs, echinoderms, bony and non-bony fish, and marine mammals; you will learn about the classifications and biological structure of marine organisms.
- Recommended for: Students who have previously completed Marine Studies A, or who have some prior knowledge of marine biology and ecosystems; Anyone with career interests in the fields or marine biology, marine science, ecotourism, marine tourism, or veterinary science
- Learn more: https://www.careerlinecourses.com.au/aquaculture-marine-biology/marine-studies-b-online-course/
If you’re eager to learn more about marine biology and aquarium science but none of these courses are quite what you’re looking for, Careerline’s online Marine Aquaculture/Mariculture course covers the basics of operating and maintaining saltwater fish, shellfish, and seaweed farms. For a different approach to fish farming, try our Aquaponics course! Whether you hope to set up your own hydroponic or aquaculture system for business or as a hobby, this course will teach you everything you need to know to get started.
If you’re looking for a broad and in-depth knowledge of all things marine, then our online Advanced Certificate in Marine Biology and Advanced Certificate in Aquaculture are cost-efficient alternatives! These course bundles cover the content of four of our regular certificate courses. Along with their two compulsory modules, our Advanced courses allow you to shape your own study path by selecting two electives that are relevant to you and your interests.
All of Careerline’s courses are delivered entirely online with no strict schedule, so you can study whenever, wherever, and however suits you 🙂
Have you decided that studying marine biology with Careerline is right for you? Get in touch with Us to get started today!