Berry Production Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Berries can form a viable alternative or supplementary crop with varieties suitable for many different climates and conditions. This course will provide you the knowledge to make informed decisions and sound management skills for a range of berry crops.
This course is ideal for both the berry enthusiast and commercial grower, covering all aspects of the propagation, care and cultivation of common, and uncommon berry fruit; with the opportunity to specialise in one type of berry crop.
- Differentiate between different types of berry fruit cultivars
- Determine varieties of berry fruit suitable for growing in a specified locality
- Explain the cultural treatment for a range of berry fruits, in specified situations
- Determine how to propagate a range of different berry plants
- Explain the harvesting of different berry crops
- Develop strategies for commercial success in a berry fruit enterprise
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.