Commercial Vegetable Production Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Develop the skills and knowledge necessary for commercial vegetable production, examining in depth different techniques of production.
Learn the importance of soils, plant-cultural practices and pest and disease management as an excellent method to obtain optimum crop production. A general overview of vegetable crop management including post harvest and marketing.
Note: This course shares topics with Commercial Organic Vegetable Growing and it would be best to choose your area of interest and the corresponding course rather than do both courses.
- Select appropriate vegetable varieties for different situations
- Explain general cultural practices used for vegetable production
- Explain the management of potential problems, including pests, diseases, weeds, and environmental disorders in vegetable production
- Explain alternative cultural techniques, including greenhouse and hydroponic production, for vegetables
- Determine specific cultural practices for selected vegetable varieties
- Determine the harvesting, and post-harvest treatment of different vegetables
- Develop marketing strategies for different vegetables
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.