Cut Flower Production Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
This diverse course introduces you to the fundamental knowledge required to set up your own cut flower business or to work for a commercial grower.
Cut flower growing has experienced rapid expansion in recent decades, resulting in increased demand for training in the skills and knowledge required by this industry, and increased opportunity for profit by the small business operator or advanced hobbyist. This course provides a thorough basic training for the commercial cut flower grower.
- Explain the physiological processes which affect flower development in plants
- Identify plant varieties suitable for commercial cut flower production
- Evaluate the suitability of different plants as cut flower crops
- Determine soil and nutrition requirements for cut flower growing
- Determine the cultural requirements for commercial production of a cut flower crop
- Determine harvest and post-harvest management practices for cut flower crops
- Develop a production plan for a cut flower crop
- Determine export market opportunities for cut flowers
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.