Fruit Production (Temperate Climate) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
An essential introduction to the fruit growing industry for temperate climates.
Gain important skills for successful fruit growing. Learn orchard management, soils, planting, irrigation, pruning, cultural practices, pest control, stone fruits, fruit trees, nuts, vines and much more.
This course is for the serious grower!
All you need to know to set up a successful fruit growing farm.
- Identify different types of fruit crops, which can be successfully grown in your region
- Explain the nature of the fruit industry in your region (locality)
- Determine the cultural requirements for different fruit crops
- Develop a plan for the establishment of an orchard
- Formulate appropriate methods for marketing specific fruit crops grown in your locality
- Develop a calendar for cultural management of a fruit plantation, or orchard
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.