Greenhouse Cut Flowers Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Learn how you can extend the growing season by expanding your cut flower range and supplying markets year-round. This is a diverse course for the serious grower.
Select your crop and use appropriate equipment and techniques to get a viable commercial outcome. Develop your ability to select and cultivate appropriate varieties of cut flowers in greenhouses.
- Describe the nature and scope of cut flower production in greenhouses
- Determine key cultural practices that are commonly required to develop and maintain a good rate of growth in a cut flower crop
- Explain the initiation and development of flowering in a cut flower crop
- Determine management practices for cut flower crops grown in a greenhouse
- Discuss a range of greenhouse management techniques related to cut flower production
- Explain a range of greenhouse management techniques related to cut flower production
- Determine a range of harvest and post-harvest techniques related to cut flower production
- Determine greenhouse production techniques for selected herbaceous perennials
- Determine greenhouse production techniques for selected annuals and biennials
- Determine greenhouse production techniques for selected bulbs, corms, rhizomes or tubers
- Determine greenhouse production techniques for selected filler plants
- Determine greenhouse production techniques for roses and orchids
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.