Mushroom Production Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
There are many different types of mushrooms. To understand the culture of one gives you a head start to understanding others. In this 100-hour course, you will focus on the most widely cultivated mushroom (ie. Agaricus).
This course is suitable for:
- anyone interested in growing mushrooms
- self sufficiency growers
- commercial mushroom producers
This online course provides a valuable introduction to a wide range of mushrooms; and can be used as a starting point for growing any of these.
- Classify different varieties of fungi which are commonly eaten
- Determine the techniques used in the culture of edible mushrooms
- Explain the harvesting of a mushroom crop
- Explain the post-harvest treatment of a mushroom crop
- Explain marketing strategies for mushroom
- Compare the culture of a range of different commercially cultivated mushoom species from around the world.
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.