Tropical Fruit Production Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Learn about warm climate fruit production. Study in your own time and at your own pace. Work with highly experienced and qualified tutors. A similar course to temperate climate fruit production, but adapted to cover tropical and sub-tropical conditions. The course includes sections on Avocados, Pineapples, Macadamias, Papaya [paw paw] and Cashews.
There are many hundreds of different species of edible fruits that can be grown in warm climates. This course aims to introduce you to a wide selection of these while also focusing in depth on some of the more well known warm climate fruit crops and their cultivation. Students will also learn about establishing an orchard.
- Identify different types of fruit crops, which can be successfully grown in a specific region.
- Explain the nature of the fruit industry in a specific region.
- Determine the cultural requirements for different fruit crops.
- Develop a plan for the establishment of an orchard.
- Formulate appropriate methods for marketing specific fruit crops grown in your locality.
- Develop a calendar for cultural management of a fruit plantation, or orchard.
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.