Viticulture Course Online
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Study Viticulture Courses Online
Careerline Course’s viticulture course is suitable for vineyard workers, vineyard managers and wine growers. Hobby farmers will get all the starting information they need to begin in the industry and enthusiastic amateur wine makers will find this course invaluable. As a starting point for people changing careers and wishing to pursue the idea of starting their own winery, this course is extremely popular.
You will learn a full range of necessary skills for successful viticulture including establishment of a vineyard, managing an existing vineyard, selecting suitable grape varieties, grape culture, harvest and post-harvest management and much more.
You will gain practical skills in grapevine culture and vineyard establishment and when these skills are used to run a business, a further course in agricultural marketing or a suitable group of courses from our business range would set the new winery on the path to success.
- Study viticulture online
- 100 hours
- Self paced
- 1-on-1 tutor support
- Learn a wide range of viticulture subjects
- Choose an appropriate site for a vineyard.
- Simple Soil tests
- Measure pH
- Determine water content of soil.
- Choose appropriate grape varieties for different situations.
- Develop criteria to be considered when selecting which grape varieties to grow.
- Devise a procedure to establish a vineyard.
- Specify the techniques used in the culture of grape vines.
- Specify a procedure for harvest and post-harvest treatment of grapes.
- Formulate marketing strategies for vineyard products.
- Explain the basic principles of wine making.
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.