Delivering Distance Education Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Distance Education is one of the strongest growth areas in vocational and tertiary education. There are two main reasons for this:
- People are busier than ever before, moving location, working odd hours etc, so there is a greater need than ever for people to be able to study where and when they are able to find the time.
- Technology has enabled distance education to be delivered more effectively than ever before.
Learn the technical and personal skills required to tutor and teach in this rewarding sector in this course.
- Identify differences between various modes of distance education and other forms of education.
- Determine appropriate methods for communicating with, and motivating action from, new distance education students.
- Provide effective support services to students undertaking distance education studies.
- Explain the ways that teachers and students can work together by using effective listening skills, problem solving techniques, empathy and other interactive strategies to maintain effective and meaningful relationships in the learning process.
- Manage physical and human resources within a distance education program to achieve appropriate benefit for cost expended.
- Conduct effective assessment of distance education students.
- Conduct effective administration of distance education students.
- Improve students’ and teachers’ ability to communicate effectively in a distance education environment.
- Provide support for graduates upon or following completion of a distance education course.