Educational Psychology Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Study how and why people learn, and how to apply that learning to bring about changes in people of all ages. This course will benefit a wide range of people, from parents (understanding of how their children develop) to teachers/trainers and welfare workers or leisure professionals (eg. youth leaders).
Gain and indepth understanding of the psychological underpinnings of educational psychology and pedagogy.
- Discuss theories of development and learning.
- Explain behavioural theories of learning
- Describe how Information Processing Model Works
- Describe processes involved in memory loss and retention
- Describe different methods of effective instruction to cater for individual needs.
- Explain the relevance of constructivist learning in education
- Differentiate definitions of motivation and the application of motivation to learning.
Your TutorDr. Nicholas Harris B. Psychology (Hons I), PhD
Nicholas is a social psychologist; he studies and teaches on topics involving group-level and individual-level behavior, as well as examining the effect of the situation. Nicholas has been involved in writing textbooks and research papers in psychology. Nicholas’ teaching experience is vast; he has taught social psychology, indigenous and intercultural psychology, statistics, research methods, psychological measurement and assessment, personality, organizational psychology, counselling skills, and ethics. Nicholas has also completed a number of short courses on counselling and suicide prevention, and has volunteered for a number of years with Lifeline. Nicholas has supervised a number of honours and master’s research theses.