Alternative Energy Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Learn to become less reliant on the electricity and gas companies and save money through alternative energy sources. Alternative Energy covers the basics of electricity, how to generate electricity from renewable resources, how to store energy, non-electrical systems, energy consumption and conservation.
With the International Government initiatives regarding the pricing of carbon pollution emissions set to affect everyone, it is obvious that resources will be directed toward the research and development of all possible alternatives. Study this course for an introduction to this science of the future.
- Describe the nature and scope of alternative energy.
- Describe the nature and application of electricity.
- Compare different methods of generating electricity
- Compare different techniques for storage and use of electricity.
- Describe the application and operation of different non electric energy systems
- Identify ways to better manage energy consumption.
- Describe energy conservation techniques.
- Discuss how to convert a building’s energy supply to an alternative system.
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.