Horse Care II: Equine Herd Health Management Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
|Tutor Support|| |
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
This course provides a study of equine health management and disease prevention. Lessons will include discussions on the principles of disease and disease transmission, as well as normal health parameters and signs of disease in horses. Additional topics to be presented include common infectious diseases, considerations for effective vaccination programs, parasite control and management, digestive system disorders and miscellaneous diseases affecting the skin and respiratory system. The course concludes with discussions regarding wound management and first aid.
This is a stand-alone course that does not require a prerequisite and can be taken alongside Horse Care I and III.
- Analyse the feeding requirements and feeding techniques available for horse husbandry
- Develop a stable management program for horses
- Explain the management procedures necessary to fulfil the bedding requirements of horses
- Explain the management and care of horses feet
- Implement management procedures for the conditioning of horses
- Describe the procedures used for managing the tack requirements of horses
- Explain the management, including design and applications of facilities used in the horse industry
Your TutorMeg Anema M.Sc. Clinical Sciences (Equine Reproductive Physiology) B.Sc. Animal Science (Option: Equine Science) B.Sc.Agricultural Economics
Meg grew up training and showing horses in youth and 4-H programs, and then went on to earn Bachelor of Science degrees in Animal Science and Agricultural Economics, as well as a Master of Science degree in Equine Reproductive Physiology. In addition to several years of industry experience as a Quarter Horse breeding farm manager and custom A.I. technician, Meg developed and taught for 10 years in a comprehensive, secondary Equine Science Studies Certificate program covering all areas of Equine Science. Meg considers the horse to be an absolutely incredible athlete and amazing study! Aside from tutoring Careerline’s Equine courses Meg has also taught various courses in equine studies including: Equine Nutrition, Equine Herd Health, Equine Sports Medicine, Equine Reproduction, Equine Industry, Principles of Horse Evaluation, Horsemanship, Applied Genetics, Introduction to Veterinary Science, Animal Anatomy & Physiology, Introduction to Animal Science and more.