Wedding Planning Course Online
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
|Tutor Support|| |
Yes unlimited by email
Do you love to organise events? Do you love the romance of Weddings? If so, a career as a Wedding Planner is right for you.
- Online Course
- Flexible Study Schedule
- Interest Free Payment Plans
This course will give you the foundation you need to start on your own as a Wedding Planner. Students will learn about the activities that are involved in managing a wedding event (most importantly the organisational skills required) including hiring the band, liaising with the photographer, organising catering, finding the best deal for hiring venues and equipment, and much more!
- Describe the nature and scope of wedding planning and the wedding industry.
- Present a client with options and facilitate key decision making for a wedding.
- Explain how to handle different personalities and the roles of different members of the bridal party.
- Select and manage the use of appropriate locations for and associated with a wedding
- Develop a programme or schedule of activities and events associated with a wedding.
- Manage those events within the time constraints of the established schedule.
- Effectively control events on the day of a wedding.
- Improve your ability to communicate with, and assist the people who have employed you to manage a wedding; to achieve a desired outcome.
- Prepare to manage a wedding day, planning for all foreseeable and significant contingencies.
- Establish and run a viable wedding planning service
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Covers the nature
- Opportunities and options available when planning a wedding
- Looks at different types of weddings
- Understanding ceremonies (different religions, celebrants etc), receptions and working with wedding photographers, reception centres, churches etc.
- Choosing locations, services, products to use from reception centres, rings, the church or venue, catering and flowers
- Also covers themed weddings, destination weddings and off-beat weddings.
3. Managing People
- Handling different personalities and the role of different members of the party.
4. Managing Locations
- Photo Shoot Location
- Pre Wedding Hen/Stag Parties etc.
5. Managing the Programme
- Dancing etc.
6. Other Issues
- The Beautician
- Gifts etc.
7. Managing the Client
- Interviewing a Client
- Facilitating a Plan
- Establishing a Contract
- Management Techniques
- Flow Charts
- Check Lists
8. Managing the Wedding Day
- Planning for Contingencies
9. Operating a Wedding Business
- Naming your business
- dreaming up the plan, designing a web page
- Costing Structures
- Starting a Business
- Cancellation Policies
- Industry Associations
- Building Relationships with Service Providers
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.