Farm Management Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
- Improve your farm management knowledge and skills.
- Learn from our expert agriculture tutors.
- Improve your business and career prospects.
- Study in your own time at your own pace.
Farming is just as much about management as it is about animal or crop production. Unfortunately in today’s world, the ability to produce a good animal or crop is no guarantee for success!
Through this course, learn to analyse, diagnose and make decisions related to management of a farm business. The course relates to managing all resources, including; production, staff, physical resources, and natural resources. You learn strategic planning, whole farm planning, and how to prepare a business plan.
- Develop strategic planning methods for an agricultural business.
- Learn how to prepare a Farm Business Plan.
- Develop methods for assessing the operations of a Farm Business.
- Analyse the viability of different production enterprises:
- assessing profits
- risk analysis
- cost efficiency
- quality standards
- financial records
- Develop strategies for managing different farm production enterprises, covering workplace organisation and crop scheduling.
- Plan the management of human resources in a farm business covering:
- types of leadership/managers
- orders & instruction
- motivating employees
- Develop methods for managing the physical resources of a farm business including managing equipment, machinery and buildings.
- Develop methods for managing the natural resources of a farm business, covering topics:
- regulations & legislation
- landcare programs
- erosion control
- soil degradation
- soil acidification
- chemical residues
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.