Weed Control Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Learn to identify and employ different methods of weed control
- Understand weed control.
- Develop your knowledge of weed control methods.
- Taught by horticulture experts.
- Study in your own time at your own pace.
This course provides valuable learning for land managers, farmers, gardeners, orchardists, market gardeners, landscapers, spray contractors, nurserymen or anyone else concerned with the control of weeds.
- Distinguish between different types of weeds, and identify common weed species, growing in your locality.
- Explain the characteristics of different weed control methods.
- Explain the use of chemical herbicides to control weeds.
- Specify appropriate weed control methods, for different types of situations.
- Determine appropriate techniques for the safe application of chemical herbicide in a specific situation.
- Explain different non-chemical weed control methods.
- Devise appropriate methods for control of weeds, for specific problems, in both the horticultural and agricultural industries
- Determine a detailed weed control program for a significant weed problem.
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.