Certificate in Hotel & Restaurant Management Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 32 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
What you will do in this Hotel and Restaurant Management Course:
- Understand the range of hotels in operation and their management policies.
- Understand management structures and the way in which the workplace is organised.
- Organise a team of professional staff together to ensure quality delivery of these services requires a tremendous amount of skill and organisation.
- Discuss the importance of maintaining an overall system of control within a hotel.
- Develop knowledge of the complexities and management issues relating to front desk operations.
- Develop knowledge of equipment and understanding of linen available.
- Implement facilities management systems.
- Manage an activities service.
- Describe a range of food services offered in the hotel industry.
- Planning and implementing beneficial sales and marketing strategies.
- Understanding the fundamentals of kitchen management for restaurants.
- Knowing how to execute efficient food service practices in a restaurant.
- Effectively managing beverage related aspects of a restaurant
- Applying human resource management policy and procedures.
- Understanding the importance of contracts and agreements.
- Comprehending basic accounting practices.
PART I: HOTEL MANAGEMENT
There are 9 Lessons in this course:
1. The Fundamentals of Hotel Management
2. Hotel Organisational Structure
3. Hotel Facilities Management
4. Hotel Information and Financial Management
5. Hotel Human Resources
6. Front Office Management
7. Housekeeping and General Area Cleaning
8. Food and Beverage Management
9. Retail Management
PART II: RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT
1. Restaurant Location
- Visibility and accessibility
- Size and affordability
- Due diligence
- Competitors and success factors
2. Restaurant Fit-out
- Legal requirements
- Process management
- Layout and equipment
- Restaurant décor
3. Menu Management
- Design elements
4. Sales and Marketing
- Target markets
- Marketing plans
- Sales forecasts
5. Food Service Management
- Food service process
- Food service styles
- The essentials of main service styles
- The advantages of main service styles
- The disadvantages of main service styles
- Budget considerations for main service styles
- Additional services
- Customer service
- Customer sales
6. Kitchen Management
- Inventory systems
- Standard recipes
- Preparation sheets
- Kitchen employees
- Food production systems and methods
- Food safety
7. Beverage Management
- Legal considerations
- Characteristics of spirits
- Characteristics of wine
- Bar service
- Inventory levels
- Beverage calculations
8. Human Resource Management
- The recruitment process
- Employee inductions
- The training cycle
- Performance appraisals
- Exit interviews
- Rosters and allocations
9. Restaurant Contracts
- Elements of a contract
- Essential clauses
- Other laws
10. Accounting Principles
- Accounting terminology
- Financial statements
- Accounting methods
- Inventory valuation methods
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.