Health and Fitness B (Fitness Program Management) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
|Tutor Support|| |
Yes unlimited by email
This course develops skills to manage fitness oriented services as well as covering fitness program management such as fitness testing, exercise programming, and prescription.
You will also learn to manage fitness testing services plus gain a sound understanding of how and why cardiovascular responses are different from person to person. You can be sure that the information you will receive is up-to-date, because the program has been recently revised by highly qualified industry professionals with specialist knowledge.
You will Learn:
- Explain the relationship between fitness and well being.
- Determine a persons level of health and fitness according to physiological data.
- Manage fitness testing services to a standard practiced in gymnasiums and health clubs.
- Design Fitness Tests to a standard practiced in gymnasiums and health clubs.
- Explain the management of resistance training, including equipment and exercise programs.
- Develop an exercise program.
- Manage exercise programs, including monitoring and recommendations.
- Effectively lead a fitness program, to any number of people, including large groups or on an individual basis.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
1. Fitness and Wellbeing
- Defining terminology
- What is well-being
- Emotional or mental health
- Structural health
- Chemical health
- Natural body cycles
- Why exercise
- Enhancing normal health with exercise
- Food combining
- Exercise at different stages of life
- Stabilizing metabolism during middle age
- Exercise for disease prevention
- Old age
- Understanding and managing stress
2. Fitness Physiology and Anatomy
- Anaerobic energy supply
- Lactic acid energy
- Aerobic energy supply
- Energy needed for different types of activity
- Muscles: how muscles move, types of muscle
- What muscle causes what movement
- Problems during exercise: fatigue
3. Management of Fitness Testing Services
- Reasons for fitness testing
- First aid
- Legal liability
- Providing protection
4. Designing Fitness Tests
- What should be tested
- Sequence of testing
- Body weight, Water, Fat testing
- Cardiorespiratory endurance
- Muscle strength and endurance
- Criteria for designing fitness tests
- Procedure for constructing a new fitness test series
5. Resistance Training
- Principles of resistance training
- Principles of exercise
- Overload principle
- Types of resistance training
6. Developing an Exercise Program
- Features of an exercise program
- Typical design process
- Types of exercise
- Developing physique
- Cardiorespiratory endurance
- Structure of an aerobic training session
7. Managing an Exercise Program
- Training response
- Exercises for specific problems: back, shoulders, trunk, arms, legs
- Weight control
- Energy expenditure
8. Leading a Fitness Program
- Leadership concepts
- Leadership responsibilities
- Shared leadership
- Leadership communication
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It’s okay if you don’t want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.