Health and Fitness C (Fitness Evaluation and Management) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
|Tutor Support|| |
Yes unlimited by email
Refine your existing fitness and management skills!
This course in fitness evaluation and management develops skills in analysis, evaluation, and consequential management of health and fitness characteristics for a specific individual. Builds on Health and Fitness A and B.
This final in-depth course will not only provide you with information, it will also guide you through a series of set tasks that will improve your ability to be an excellent health and fitness professional. You can use the knowledge and skills you acquire in this excellent program, along with Health & Fitness I and II and a valid up-to-date first aid certificate, to help empower you to go into business for yourself as an independent health and fitness practitioner, or as an aid to enhancing your career prospects within the Health and Fitness Industry.
You will Learn::
- Explain health risk factors in modern society.
- Analyze the health care system, to determine preferred options for different individuals.
- Determine social factors which may affect the status of health and fitness.
- Evaluate different individual approaches to managing health and fitness, including both services and facilities.
- Compare different fitness tests for different motor abilities.
- Demonstrate statistical techniques used to analyze fitness test results.
- Use fitness tests to analyze different sports skills.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online.
There are 7 lessons in this course:
1. Health Risk factors
- Components of health
- Wellness and quality of life
- Health risk factors
- Risk associated with a sedentary lifestyle
- Hazardous substances
- Cancer health risks
2. The Health Care System
- Defining health care systems
- Health care in Australia, USA, Europe, etc
- The future of health care
- Complimentary therapies
- Microwave treatments
- Traditional Chinese medicine
- Psychological therapies
- Relaxation therapies
3. Social Factors
- Health hazards in modern society
- Socio-economic status and health
- Social factors
- General adaptation syndrome (GAS)
4. Managing Health and Fitness
- Health and fitness management
- Taking responsibility for your own health
- Consuming a nutritionally balanced diet
- Drinking pure water
- Exercise, relaxation, mental attitude, etc
- Trends, products and services
- Reasons people do not maintain good health
5. Fitness Test Comparisons
- Planes of the body
- Directions of the body
- Muscular system
- Movement terms
- Fitness testing
- Before testing
- Types of testing
- Guidelines for testing
- Screening people
6. Analysis of Fitness Tests
- Results and analysis
- Measurement methods
- Data presentation
7. Analysis of Sports Skills
- Fitness and sporting skills
- Assessing physical skill
- Techniques for observing and analyzing
- Characteristics of an effective coach or trainer
- Coaching styles
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It’s okay if you don’t want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.