Garden Design (Landscaping) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
|Tutor Support|| |
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Study the practicalities of building a garden landscape
This online landscaping course develops your knowledge of how to construct or build a landscape – as distinct from designing a landscape. Learn to construct or build a garden the “right” way. This course provides a good grounding for someone entering the landscape industry.
- Manage equipment for landscape construction projects, including tools and machinery.
- Determine earthworks for a landscape development.
- Plan the construction of different landscape structures including buildings, fences, and walls.
- Manage the installation of a simple irrigation system in gardens.
- Determine construction techniques for different building or installing different garden features; including paving, water gardens, rockeries and furnishings.
- Determine techniques for creating soft landscaping.
- Manage work being undertaken on a landscape construction site.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.