Garden Center Management Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Garden Centre Management Distance Learning Course. An extensive course which covers all areas of managing garden centres. Designed to train garden centre management staff. Developed in conjunction with major retailers and tutors. Highly experienced and qualified industry experts as tutors.
Study in your own time and at your own pace.
- Classify and identify a range of different plants, according to their botanical characteristics.
- Describe a range of plant health problems and their treatments.
- Understand the importance of maintaining healthy stock and its relationship to maintaining a profitable business.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a range of garden products sold through garden centres.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a range of plants, including indoor plants, container-grown plants, deciduous plants, bulbs, herbs and perennials.
- Describe effective marketing techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of management procedures.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.