Horticultural C (Plant Health) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
This advanced course specialises in care of plant health. Understand plant health. Identify health problems in plants and techniques to control for those problems. A useful qualification for anyone wanting to work in the plant industry. Learn from highly qualified and experienced tutors.
- Identify the characteristics of pests and diseases of plants.
- Explain methods for the control of pests and diseases.
- Describe the characteristics of a range of different pesticides, including insecticides and fungicides.
- Explain the selection and use of spray equipment appropriate for different specified tasks.
- Describe aspects of the biology of an insect which are relevant to pest control.
- Describe aspects of the biology of an fungus which are relevant to disease control.
- Explain how inappropriate environmental conditions can affect plant health.
- Identify the characteristic signs of a range of non-insect pests,and select appropriate control methods.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.