Plant Selection & Establishment Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Learn to select the right plant first and establish it well for guaranteed growth. This course is highly recommended for horticulturalists and landscape gardeners.
- Develop knowledge of the range of applications for and selection and establishment of horticultural plants.
- Develop knowledge in the establishment and maintenance of a range of woody plants, with different modes of growth, for different situations
- Develop knowledge in selection, establishment, and maintenance of species suitable for hedges windbreaks and screens.
- Describe the cultivation of alpine and water plants.
- Describe the selection, cultivation, and maintenance of herbaceous plants.
- Explain the selection, establishment and maintenance of turf and lawns.
- Explain the maintenance and cultural requirements of herbaceous, woody, and other plants.
- Consider the different pest and disease control implications resulting from the choice of different plant varieties.
- Determine pest and disease control requirements for a new garden.
- Explain the control of weeds in a garden.
- Explain the implications upon weed management that result from selection of particular plants for use in a garden.
- Manage establishment and maintenance of plants in a way that minimizes safety risks to people working in or visiting a garden.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.