Green Keeping A (Turf Care) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
When planning a new lawn, or renovating an old one, it is important to understand the advantages and disadvantages of different grasses, and why certain grasses are used in preference to others. The intended or actual use (and maintenance) of a particular area is the deciding factor. This course teaches you about the different grasses, the techniques used to establish them and the measures that must be taken to maintain an acceptable surface.
- Identify the range of grasses and other species available for turf culture.
- Explain the management of soils for growing turf.
- Identify methods for the establishment of turf.
- Explain the management of problems in turf including weeds, pests and diseases.
- Explain maintenance practices used in turf management.
- Plan the development of different turfs used for sport.
- Develop plans to establish a turfed area.
- Develop management strategies for the care of established turf.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.