Irrigation (Agricultural) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Do you need to improve your crop yields? Correct irrigation set and management may be what is required. Learn to management water on your property / workplace with improved efficiency and design. This is a sound foundation course introducing you to the basics of irrigation design and management.
- Explain the significance of soil in irrigation.
- Explain how to determine when to irrigate in agricultural situations.
- Manage irrigation in agricultural situations.
- Explain the significance of different aspects of moving water including: drainage, pumps, filters, storage, recirculation, and re-use.
- Select an appropriate irrigation system for a given agricultural situation.
- Explain the principles of design for a simple irrigation system.
- Design a simple irrigation system.
- Oversee the installation of an irrigation system.
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.