Aromatherapy II (Health Applications) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Aromatherapy is the use of aroma/scent/fragrance for therapeutic reasons. Scent can be used in a variety of therapeutic ways, such as candles, incense, hair and body products. Oils can also be used as a complementary treatment or massage treatment.
This course looks at the principles of aromatherapy, the benefits of common scents and how these can be used to improve health hand wellbeing.
Why study this Aromatherapy course?
If you work in the health and wellness industry or have an interest in aromatherapy, Careerline’s online Aromatherapy II (Health Applications) course will help you deepen your
knowledge. Whether you want to upskill or get a head start on future studies, this course will positively impact your future. You will broaden your understanding of safe, best practice uses of essential oils for aromatherapy. The course provides you with an opportunity to learn new skills that will help you advance your career in the health and wellness industry.
What will you learn?
The online Aromatherapy II (Health Applications) course will teach you about the practical applications of essential oils for health and wellbeing. You will learn about the properties of
common essential oils, as well as the process of oil extraction. In addition, you will study the physiology and psychology behind aromatherapy.
You will be provided with a comprehensive overview of aromatherapy safety procedures. Finally, Aromatherapy II students learn how to set up and manage their own aromatherapy
Who is this online Aromatherapy course for?
Careerline’s Aromatherapy II course is designed for students with an intermediate knowledge of aromatherapy. It is best suited for students who have previously completed Aromatherapy I or have experience working in the health and wellness industry.
If you are currently working as an aromatherapist, massage therapist, hairdresser, spa owner, or other professions within the health and wellness industry, this course will allow you to expand your knowledge and broaden your professional opportunities.
If you hope to pursue further tertiary or vocational study in aromatherapy or massage therapy, Aromatherapy II is a high-quality starting point. You will be introduced to concepts studied in higher level courses, so you will feel prepared and confident as you continue your studies.
- Identify the different properties of essential oils and describe their effects on the body.
- Identify the various methods used in extracting essential oils.
- Describe how essential oils can enter the bloodstream and the process of olfaction.
- Learn some of the more common application methods used with essential oils in aromatherapy.
- Ensure that essential oils are used in a safe and controlled manner and identify situations where aromatherapy might not be appropriate.
- Develop an aromatherapy treatment plan for a client.
- Identify which essential oils would be appropriate for use of various conditions relating to specific body systems.
- Understand the scope and nature of an aromatherapy business.
There are 10 lessons in this course:
1. Essential Oil Properties A
- Chemicals Found in Plants
- Properties of Essential Oils
- Using Aromatherapy
2. Essential Oil Properties B
- Properties of Essential Oils Continued
- Chemistry of Aromatherapy
3. Oil Extraction
4. The Physiology and Psychology of Aromatherapy
- The Science and Physiology of Smell – Olfaction
- The Absorption of Essential Oils into the Bloodstream
5. Applications of Aromatherapy
- Creams and Lotions
- Internal and/or Dermal Applications
6. Aromatherapy Safety
- Recommended Amounts
- Quality of Oil
7. Aromatherapy Treatment
- Client Information
- Treatment Plan
- Important Considerations in Practice
8. Body Systems – Part 1
- Cardiovascular System
- Respiratory System
- Lymphatic System
- Reproductive System
- Endocrine System
9. Body Systems – Part 2
- Musculoskeletal System
- Nervous System
- Digestive System
- Integumentary System
10. Running your Business
- Product Development
- Business Considerations