Nursery Growers Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
This course is designed to help set up and run a succesful nursery. This is the way many plant nurseries start. If you want to avoid some of the big pitfalls, and minimize the chances of wasting time and money; a course like this is a very wise move before you begin.
- Understand plant identification and culture.
- Describe a range of growing structures including a greenhouse, glasshouse and shadehouse.
- Understand the differences between sexual and asexual plant propagation.
- Have and understanding of basic nursery management principles.
- Understand the uses of a range of different materials used in plant propagation.
- Explain the main components of common potting mixes and how they contribute to the final product.
- Describe seed sources and how to store a range of different seeds for maximum viability.
- Explain how to overcome dormancy in seeds.
- Understand a range of cutting techniques including hardwood cuttings, softwood cuttings, semi hardwood cuttings, tip cuttings, heel cuttings, nodal cuttings, can cuttings and basal cuttings.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.