Learn the skills and knowledge you need to work in a bar.
This is an excellent qualification that will give you the skills to work anywhere in the world.
This course provides foundation knowledge for those tending a bar or working as a bartender/drinks waiter or waitress. In this course you will:
- become familiar with alcoholic drinks: wine, spirits, beers and cocktails
- learn how to make non-alcoholic drinks including cappuccinos and speciality teas
- learn how to provide quality service to bar customers
- mix a range of cocktails and other drinks
- learn the fundamentals of wine appreciation.
Further studies can lead to:
- Successfully starting your own bar [complete the suggested courses; food and beverage management, small business management]
- Running a Hotel or Restaurant [complete the suggested courses; hotel management, food and beverage management, starting a small business]
- Event and wedding management [complete the suggested courses; Event management, wedding planning]
- To develop a broad understanding of the industry
- Identify and describe the range of alcoholic products found commonly in a bar.
- Identify and describe a range of non alcoholic drinks available at bars.
- Develop an understanding of how to provide improved service to bar customers.
- Develop an ability to mix a range of drinks
- Identify and describe a wide variety of different wines.
- Consolidate skills so far developed to establish or improve the management of a bar service.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of modules. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Select each module below to learn more.
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It's okay if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A.
Liselle Turner Bachelor of Business (Marketing), Diploma in Hospitality Management, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Chad Osorio B. Psych. Juris Doctor
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.