Event Management is essentially good project management focused on the production of special events, such as sporting events, festivals, dinners, exhibitions and more. It requires dedication and a very high degree of organisation as well as excellent communication skills.
With this course you will learn about developing concepts for events, management of physical & human resources, management of financial resources, how to market an event, risk management, staging an event, logistics and post-event management.
This course is an excellent starting point for anyone interested in an Event Management career, especially for those wanting to start their own business or who are already working and need to consolidate their skills.
- Identify the various tasks which are involved in the management of a variety of different types of events.
- Explain how a range of different types of events are initiated and planned.
- Determine the human and physical resources required to deliver different types of events.
- Determine how physical and human resources will be organised in preparation for staging an event, in order that needs are appropriately catered for.
- Develop a marketing plan for an event.
- Develop a Financial Management Plan for an Event.
- Develop a series of Risk management procedures to minimize the impact of different types of problems including financial, legal, marketing, crowd control, food services, and hygiene.
- Describe the way in which facilities and services are managed during the actual delivery of an event.
- Review an event after it’s delivery.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A. (Leisure Management), Grad. Dip. Ed. Fitness Leaders Cert., I.T.C.
With over a decade of hospitality experience at all levels from recreation to resort General Manager, combined with both a love of education and business, Thea is a very welcome addition to Careerline Courses. Thea is actively involved in continuing professional development in both hospitality and business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.