The course is designed to develop your skills in Tourism Planning and Management.
The tourism industry covers the wide range of services used by people when travelling, including booking services, transport, accommodation, tourist retail outlets and attractions, recreational and sporting persuits, adventure tourism, charter boats and cruise-ships and hotel, motel, lodge and hostel service and management.
The career possibilities are unlimited, from receptionists to tour guides, charter boat skippers to hotel managers, hostesses to photographers, to wildlife carers and lifeguards.
- Describe the nature and scope of the tourism industry.
- Recommend tourism destinations relevant to client needs.
- Advise a client on planning for unforeseen circumstances on a trip, such as financial, legal and insurance issues.
- Explain the operation of airlines, including booking procedures.
- Explain the operation of car rental services, including booking procedures.
- Explain the operation of other transport services, including shipping, bus and rail.
- Explain the operation of accommodation options to a client
- Advise a client on package tour options, to satisfied their specified requirements.
- Determine appropriate operational systems for management of a tourism service.
- Consolidate available information and resources to plan a trip.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A. (Leisure Management), Grad. Dip. Ed. Fitness Leaders Cert., I.T.C.
With over a decade of hospitality experience at all levels from recreation to resort General Manager, combined with both a love of education and business, Thea is a very welcome addition to Careerline Courses. Thea is actively involved in continuing professional development in both hospitality and business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.