Bar Service Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
|Tutor Support|| |
Yes unlimited by email
Learn the skills and knowledge you need to work in a bar.
This is an excellent qualification that will give you the skills to work anywhere in the world.
This course provides foundation knowledge for those tending a bar or working as a bartender/drinks waiter or waitress. In this course you will:
- become familiar with alcoholic drinks: wine, spirits, beers and cocktails
- learn how to make non-alcoholic drinks including cappuccinos and speciality teas
- learn how to provide quality service to bar customers
- mix a range of cocktails and other drinks
- learn the fundamentals of wine appreciation.
Further studies can lead to:
- Successfully starting your own bar [complete the suggested courses; food and beverage management, small business management]
- Running a Hotel or Restaurant [complete the suggested courses; hotel management, food and beverage management, starting a small business]
- Event and wedding management [complete the suggested courses; Event management, wedding planning]
- To develop a broad understanding of the industry
- Identify and describe the range of alcoholic products found commonly in a bar.
- Identify and describe a range of non alcoholic drinks available at bars.
- Develop an understanding of how to provide improved service to bar customers.
- Develop an ability to mix a range of drinks
- Identify and describe a wide variety of different wines.
- Consolidate skills so far developed to establish or improve the management of a bar service.
There are 7 lessons in this course:
- Industry orientation
- Bar equipment and layout, etc.
2. Alcoholic Product Orientation
- Become familiar with the range of alcoholic products found commonly in a bar including spirits, beer and wine.
3. Non Alcoholic Drinks
- Become familiar with the range of non-alcoholic drinks that can be found at a bar; different coffee and tea types.
4. Service Procedures
- Dealing with customers
- Food handling
- Tray service
- Accounts, etc.
- Learn the service procedures for a range of situations from an a la carte restaurant to a bar and grill.
5. Mixing Drinks
- Develop an ability to mix a range of cocktails and other drinks in a bar.
- Learn the art of flaring and how to make a Tequila Sunrise.
6. Wine Appreciation
- Understanding and appreciation of different wines.
- Learn which wines go best with seafood, meat and cheese platters.
7. Establishing a Bar Service
- Consolidate skills so far developed to establish or improve the management of a bar service
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.