Catering Management Course Online
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hours (6 months)
Yes unlimited by email
To work successfully in the catering and events industry, either as a director of your own company, or a manager or employee of someone else’s, you must acquire theoretical knowledge and develop practical skills covering a broad scope of topics. This Catering Management course will provide you with this foundation by teaching the elements of catering services and how events and functions management collaborates with additional catering services.
About this Course
Start your own Catering Business
Study this self-paced catering course online from home. Catering is an exceptional platform whereby you can show the world your culinary expertise while providing people with the one thing they must have – food! You will have the opportunity to work alongside a variety of skilled professionals and cater to individuals with an assortment of food and beverage requests. You will be provided with a foundation in theoretical disciplines of event planning, food and beverage management, sales and marketing, human resources, accounting practices and legal contracts.
- Dynamic starting point for catering and events employees.
- Provide necessary skills to work in catering, events, hotels, and other venues.
- Succinct learning time frames for Catering Management.
- Complements work experience or paid work within the catering and events industry.
To work successfully in the catering and events industry, either as a director of your own company, or a manager or employee of someone else’s, you must acquire theoretical knowledge and develop practical skills covering a broad scope of topics. This Catering Management course will provide you with this foundation by teaching the elements of catering services and how events and functions management collaborates with additional catering services. You will gain the ability to plan and calculate for successful food preparation and determine and apply beverage management requirements.
- This is a popular and substantial starting point for anyone in the catering and events industry.
- This Catering Management course will give you a broad based, basic training to work in catering, events, hotels, and other venues.
- Suitable for anyone wanting to learn Catering Management without committing to years of study.
- This course is perfect to complement those undertaking or wanting to undertake some form of work experience or paid work within the catering and events industry.
Catering Management will inform you on how to market your catering business to potential customers, considerations for preparing and executing contracts and agreements for catering services, effectively manage your human resources and recognize and apply basic accounting principles to your catering business.
How the catering course is taught
- Self-paced, catering course online
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 100 course hours
What you will learn
- To manage a catering or events business.
- To manage catering and events systems.
- The foundations of integrated disciplines such as event planning, food and beverage management, sales and marketing, human resources, accounting practices and legal contracts.
- To manage the requirements and challenges of; employee inductions, performance appraisals, exit interviews, staffing requirements, food safety, legal requirements and licensing, budgeting considerations and profit margins.
- Catering and events company Owner or Director.
- Catering and events company General Manager.
- Catering and events Supervisor or Team Leader.
- Catering and events Service Attendant.
- Catering and events Bar Attendant.
- Catering and events Kitchen Assistant.
- Catering and events company Administration Assistant.
There are 8 Lessons in this course:
1. The Elements of Catering Services
- Catering events
- Food service styles
- The essentials of main service styles
- The advantages of main service styles
- Resources required for main service styles
- Budget considerations for main service styles
- Calculation human resource requirements for main service styles
- Matching the service style to the catering event
2. Events Management Collaboration
- The structure of event types
- Event planning
- Additional catering and event services
3. Food Production Practices
- Food production systems and methods
- Food safety requirements
- Converting measurements
- Portion estimation for events
4. Beverage Management Requirements
- Legal considerations
- Characteristics of spirits
- Characteristics of wine
- Beverage profit margins
5. Sales and Marketing Plans
- Target markets
- Marketing plans
- Sales forecasts
6. Catering Contracts
- Elements of a contract
- Essential clauses
- Other laws
7. Human Resource Planning
- The recruitment process
- Employee inductions
- The training cycle
- Performance appraisals
- Exit interviews
8. Accounting Principles
- Accounting terminology
- Financial statements
- Accounting methods
- Inventory valuation methods
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.