Tourism A (Introduction) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
The course is designed to develop your skills in Tourism Planning and Management.
The tourism industry covers the wide range of services used by people when travelling, including booking services, transport, accommodation, tourist retail outlets and attractions, recreational and sporting persuits, adventure tourism, charter boats and cruise-ships and hotel, motel, lodge and hostel service and management.
The career possibilities are unlimited, from receptionists to tour guides, charter boat skippers to hotel managers, hostesses to photographers, to wildlife carers and lifeguards.
- Describe the nature and scope of the tourism industry.
- Recommend tourism destinations relevant to client needs.
- Advise a client on planning for unforeseen circumstances on a trip, such as financial, legal and insurance issues.
- Explain the operation of airlines, including booking procedures.
- Explain the operation of car rental services, including booking procedures.
- Explain the operation of other transport services, including shipping, bus and rail.
- Explain the operation of accommodation options to a client
- Advise a client on package tour options, to satisfied their specified requirements.
- Determine appropriate operational systems for management of a tourism service.
- Consolidate available information and resources to plan a trip.
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.