The course is designed to develop your skills in Tourism Planning and Management.
The tourism industry covers the wide range of services used by people when travelling, including booking services, transport, accommodation, tourist retail outlets and attractions, recreational and sporting persuits, adventure tourism, charter boats and cruise-ships and hotel, motel, lodge and hostel service and management.
The career possibilities are unlimited, from receptionists to tour guides, charter boat skippers to hotel managers, hostesses to photographers, to wildlife carers and lifeguards.
- Describe the nature and scope of the tourism industry.
- Recommend tourism destinations relevant to client needs.
- Advise a client on planning for unforeseen circumstances on a trip, such as financial, legal and insurance issues.
- Explain the operation of airlines, including booking procedures.
- Explain the operation of car rental services, including booking procedures.
- Explain the operation of other transport services, including shipping, bus and rail.
- Explain the operation of accommodation options to a client
- Advise a client on package tour options, to satisfied their specified requirements.
- Determine appropriate operational systems for management of a tourism service.
- Consolidate available information and resources to plan a trip.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of modules. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Select each module below to learn more.
There are 10 Lessons in this course:
Travel Industry: Overview
- The Tourism Industry
- Travelers and Tourists
- Tourism Industry Sectors
- Who Are Tourists?
- What Do People Need to Think About When Travelling?
- Responsible Travel
- Leakage Resources
- Types of Destinations
- Major and Minor Tourist Destinations
- Tourist Destinations Regions
- What is different About International Travel Cultural Differences
- Cultural Understanding
- Get Healthy Before Leaving
Money, Insurance, Legalities
- Specialist Insurance
- Making a Claim
- Driving in Other Countries
- Travelling with Medicine/Drugs
- Quarantine Laws (in different countries) Tariffs/Import Duties
- Passports and Visas
- Health Regulations
- Travel Warnings
Transport - Airline Reservations
- Air Travel
- Travel Classes on Airlines
- Types of Aircraft and Seating
- Booking Flights
- Air Travel with Animals
- Airport Information
- Airline Codes
- Information Sources
Transport - Car Rental
- Car Rental Services
- The Rental Agreement
- Rental Car Groups
- Booking a Rental Car
- Planning a Driving Holiday
Transport - Other (Boat, Bus, Rail)
- Life on Board
- Point to Point Travel
- Other Transport
- Different Types of Accommodation
- Pets and Travelling
- Selecting Accommodation
- Classification and Rating Schemes
- Examples of Star Ratings
- Accommodation Categories
- Decisions For Tour Operators and Guides Accommodation Products
- Accommodation Charges
- Tour Operators
- Types of Packages
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Package Tours Brochures
- Identifying the Correct Package Tour for the Consumer
- Calculating Prices
Travel Agency Procedure Systems
- Customer Service and Support
- Office Clerical Duties and Who Does What
- Office Cleaning
- Team Work Skills
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Processing Correspondence
- Record Keeping
- Client Enquiries
- Processing Financial Transactions
- Accommodation Bookings
- Seasonal Variations
- Socio-Political Influences
- The Project
- Project Aim
- Project Estimated Duration
- Project Requirements
- Method of Presentation
- Assessment Criteria
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It's okay if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A.
Liselle Turner Bachelor of Business (Marketing), Diploma in Hospitality Management, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Chad Osorio B. Psych. Juris Doctor
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.