Tourism B (Special Interest Tourism) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Moving on from the course Tourism I, the student will learn more specialised approaches to the development, marketing and delivery of tourism projects and the importance of quality service and safety.
You will learn how to package a tour, even under the difficult conditions imposed by special interests and extreme sports, geography or climate [possibly all three at once], and still maintain a standard of service and safety for your clients
- To analyse tourism industry, to determine the various sectors which service tourism and travel.
- To differentiate between different types of tourism on a variety of bases, including: demographics, geography, economics, and culture.
- To compare a variety of different accommodation services provided in the tourism industry.
- To describe the operation of heritage and cultural tourism, including: historical, architectural, indigenous, and artistic attractions.
- Evaluate the tourism potential of events and festivals.
- To describe the management of passive natural tourist attractions, including wilderness areas, beaches, rivers, wildlife etc.
- To describe the operation of different types of tourism facilities that have a significant focus on health and fitness, including Health Resorts, Walking Tours and Cycling.
- To describe a variety of other types of special interest tourism, including food tourism, senior tourism and sex tourism.
- To plan and manage the number of visitors to different types of tourism facilities and develop appropriate contingency plans.
- To plan a package holiday incorporating a variety of accommodation and attraction options.
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.