Anatomy and Physiology C (Muscles and Movement) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
This course is designed for students who need a deeper understanding of human muscle physiology and its affect on our movement and health. You will learn the essentials of human movement including the operation of muscles and nerves, movements and reactions observed in the body, the nervous system, motor skills, and more. Additionally the relationships between muscular strength, endurance and flexibility are explored.
Who is this course for:
This course is great for anyone working in sports or movement fields who needs to have a more in depth knowledge of how muscles affect movement such as fitness instructions, sports coaches, yoga and pilates teachers.
Prerequisites: Prior knowledge of human anatomy and physiology
- Explain how nerves cause reactions in the human body.
- Explain how the nervous system affects motor skill performance.
- Explain the function and structure of skeletal muscle in the human body.
- Describe the organisation of muscle tissue in the human body.
- Describe the mechanics of muscular movement.
- Explain development of muscular strength and muscular endurance.
- Selecting muscular flexibility exercises.
- Explain significance of muscles to posture and general well being.
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.