Biochemistry B (Plants & Animals) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Work towards a career in medicine, research, nutrition, agriculture, health science and natural health care. learn about the chemistry of molecules found in and associated with living systems biochemists try to understand complex procedures, how molecules are created or destroyed and how they relate and affect each other, and you can too. Know about the many of the essential building blocks of life including: amino acids, proteins, sugars, polysaccharides, lipids, enzymes, vitamins, hormones, RNA and DNA. This course follows on from Biochemistry A (Plant or Animal) and focuses more on biochemical molecules.
- Describe the characteristics of a range of biochemical molecules
- Distinguish between different groups of biochemical molecules.
- Describe the structural characteristics and other properties that differentiate standard amino acids one from another.
- Discuss structures of different proteins (both covalent and 3-dimensional).
- Describe common protein dynamics including folding, structural evolution and haemoglobin function.
- Describe the structure and dynamics of different types of saccharides and polysaccharides.
- Discuss the composition and structure of both lipids and membranes.
- Describe the structure and dynamics of different types of enzymes, vitamins and hormones.
- Describe the structure and function of different types of nucleic acids including DNA and RNA.
- Identify some of the basic laboratory techniques used in biochemistry and to appreciate the importance of safety in the laboratory.
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.