Biochemistry C (Animals) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
This course is designed for people working or wishing to work in a human or animal health or science related profession, as practitioner, educator or researcher.
In this course we examine a wide range of detailed metabolic processes. You will learn to explain a range of common biochemical processes including glycolysis and glycogen metabolism, lipid, amino acid and nucleotide metabolism, enzyme activity, sugar and polysaccharide metabolism, electron transport, oxidative phosphorylation and movement across membranes and a range of other processes. Enrol now to get the most out of this fascinating course.
- Explain the interaction between the various biochemical processes within the animal cell.
- Explain the processes of glycolysis and glycogen metabolism.
- Understand the transport mechanism of bio-chemicals through animal membranes.
- Explain the processes of electron transfer and oxidative phosphorylation, and their importance to energy regulation in animals.
- Explain the metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Explain the metabolism of lipids
- Explain the metabolism of amino acids.
- Explain biochemical nucleotide metabolism
- Explain enzyme reactions and catalysis in biochemistry.
- Explain other biochemical processes including biochemical communication through hormones and neurotransmission.
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.