Personnel (Human Resource) Management Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Human Resource [HR] Management is the management of an organization’s employees. While human resource management is sometimes referred to as a “soft” management skill, effective practice within an organization requires a strategic focus to ensure that people resources can facilitate the achievement of organizational goals. Employees in any business are it’s most important assets. Like any assets employees need to be carefully managed and nurtured in order to perform at optimum levels. Topics covered include staff training, workplace conditions, work teams, positive discipline, handling grievances and complaints and much more.
- Explain how perception, learning and prior experience influence human behaviour
- Identify and practice communication skills that will improve your ability to effectively receive and transmit messages in the workplace
- Explain factors that contribute to overall workplace conditions and can affect workplace culture
- Explain basic supervising practices for controlling business or department operations
- Identify essential processes in the recruitment and induction of employees
- Describe the key elements of planning and conducting effective staff training
- Describe how team processes can be used to improve performance and productivity
- Identify methods to establish and maintain discipline through positive means, such as reinforcement and increasing motivation
- Describe strategies for reducing dissatisfaction and handling dissatisfaction when it arises
- Explain the importance of monitoring workplace processes and performance, and how to report your observations.
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.