Professional Supervision Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Professional Supervision online course is primarily suited to those involved with counseling or other industries which require supervision of professional staff especially those in emotionally demanding occupations. You will learn to support and direct your professional staff, learn about issues such as conduct, burn-out and ethics. This course develops skills in supervising other professionals and an awareness of what to expect when undergoing supervision yourself.
- Understand what is meant by professional supervision, why it is necessary, benefits and disadvantages;
- Define and compare different models of supervision including reciprocal mentoring, group supervision, self supervision, and agency supervision;
- Develop an understanding of professional issues of supervision including confidentiality, ethics, quality control, and legal concerns;
- Understand and define different approaches to supervision including psychoanalytic, cognitive-behavioural, solution-orientated, process-orientated and narrative methods;
- Understand some of the different approaches applied to supervision for different professional groups;
- Understand the different requirements of providing supervision in organisations where most employees are counsellors, organisations where counsellors are in the minority, and organisations of non-counsellors;
- Identify the different managerial components of the supervision process including budgeting, monitoring frequency of supervision, selection of supervisors, and the question of standardisation.
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.