Bookkeeping Foundations Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
This new foundation bookkeeping course focuses on small services businesses.
- No prior knowledge assumed
- Suitable for beginner
- Globally relevant
This course is available either as online or by correspondence, students learn the double entry method of bookkeeping. Topics covered include designing accounting systems, double entry recording, cash receipts and payments journals, general journal, closing the ledger, profit and loss statements, depreciation, profit determination and balance day adjustments as well as cash control; budgeting, reconciliation and petty cash.
- Discuss the basic purposes and scope of Bookkeeping
- Discuss the use and purpose of balance sheets, assests and liabilities.
- Design and set up a bookkeeping system – set up double entry bookkeeping
- Describe the fuction of ‘special journals’
- Prepare a credit fees journal and set up a credit sales journal
- Set up and use a “general journal”
- Discuss methods used to close ledger accounts at the end of an accounting period
- Prepare a profit and loss statement
- Determine appropriate approaches to depreciation of non-current assets
- Describe the ‘accrual’ and ‘cash’ basis of accounting, the matching process, balance day adjustments Describe the cash cycle, cash control methods, bank reconciliation processes, petty cash
- Explain the role of budgets.
Your TutorAnthony Lambert
Grad Dip in Educ (BOM/BCT), MBA (Major in International Organizations Management), RedR Australia Register (Logistician), BBus (Major in Logistics and Supply Chain Management), Dip in Business Major in Management
Anthony has over 20 years of professional experience, starting work in one of New Zealand’s largest Fast Moving Consumer Good (FMCG) companies in logistics and supply chain management, before working for a number Fortune 500 companies in Australasia. Moving from the private to public sector by completing his MBA in International Organizations through the University of Geneva (Switzerland), Anthony then worked for the United Nations and an NGO in Rwanda. Since returning to Australia, Anthony has completed a Graduate Diploma in Secondary Education and has returned to consulting/process improvement.