Advance Certificate in Weight Loss Management
From: $100.00 Inc GST $100.00 x 25 Fortnights
This Advanced Certificate in Weight Loss Management is a practical self paced online weight loss course will not just teach you the secrets of weight loss, but also how to help others lose weight and how to start your own weight loss consultancy. Be guided by your tutor as you work through the modules.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online.
There are 4 Modules in this course:
1. Food Coach
- Introduction and the Healthy Diet
- Professional Standards for Food Coaching
- Specialist Diets – Chronic Conditions
- Specialist Diets – Overeating
- Specialist Diets – Poor Nutritional Diets
- Food Coaching Adults and Seniors
- Food Coaching for Children
- Lifestyle Changes
- Moving on
- Managing Your Food Coaching Service
2. Weight Loss Consultant
- Scope and Nature of Weight Loss
- Managing Physical Activity
- Managing the Diet
- Managing the Psychology
- Tools for the Consultant
- Delivering Weight Loss Services
- Conducting a Weight Loss Consultation
- Establishing a Weight Loss Business
3. Weight Loss Nutrition
- Understanding Obesity
- Nutrition Basics
- Diets -Fads, Fiction and Fact
- Preventing Obesity
- Treating Obesity
- Modifying Eating Behaviour
- Restricting Calorie Intake
- Medical Conditions: Hormones, Drugs, Eating Disorders
- Planning a Diet
4. Suggested Electives: Choose 1
- Children’s Nutrition
- Human Nutrition: Food Science
- Human Nutrition: Meal Planning
- Human Nutrition: Allergies & Nutritional Disorders
- Medical Terminology
- Sports Nutrition
- Therapeutic Nutrition
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.