Sports Nutrition Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
This course is suitable for anyone with a passion for sports and those involved in coaching and performance. Nutrition is now an essential part of any athletes conditioning.
- Develop your understanding of the way nutrition relates to sporting performance.
- Help sportsmen and athletes manage their diet
- Improve your own performance in sport
- Expand your career options to work in the fitness, health or sports industries.
Students receive a Careerline Certificate in Sports Nutrition upon completion of all assignments / optional exam.
- Discuss human nutrition as it relates to sport.
- Explain energy and how energy is produced in the body.
- Explain how energy is utilized in the human body.
- Understand the characteristics of, and to be able to design an effective training diet.
- Design a diet for an athlete.
- Understand the principles of and be able to design an athletic diet for the days leading up to, during and after a competition.
- Explain the importance of fluids in an athletic diet.
- Define the body composition of an athlete, and to become aware of the methods of measuring body composition.
- Examine effective methods for weight reduction and body fat control where they are deemed necessary.
- Examine methods of increasing muscle mass and to assess the use of sports supplements.
“Yes i learnt lots and really enjoyed it. I learnt stuff that i have never thought about before, it keep me interested and made me want to learn more.” – Tamara Turner
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.