Therapeutic Nutrition Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
In this unique course you can learn how to manage eating patterns to help the body heal from common complaints, to manage conditions and to complement other treatments in response to health issues. Study therapeutic nutrition and be supported by our friendly expert tutors. This course is online and self paced and should take approximately 100 hours to complete.
What is Therapeutic Nutrition?
Therapeutic nutrition is the provision of nutrients to maintain and/ or restore optimal nutrition and health. Many conditions may require nutrition therapy for improved outcomes such as celiac disease.
- Discuss the nature and scope of Therapeutic Nutrition; and identify circumstances where diet may need modification
- Explain different types of food allergy and intolerance and provide information on diagnosis, clinical symptoms and appropriate dietary modifications.
- Explain what diabetes is and describe appropriate dietary adjustments that for people with Diabetes.
- Explain appropriate dietary adjustments that should be made for people with Cardiovascular Disease
- Explain appropriate dietary adjustments that should be made for people with Heart Disease,
- Hyperlipidemia or Arteriosclerosis
- Explain appropriate dietary adjustments that should be made for people with Kidney conditions
- Explain appropriate dietary adjustments that should be made for people with different types of cancer
- Explain appropriate dietary adjustments that should be made for people with a variety of digestive disorders
- Explain appropriate dietary adjustments that should be made for people with diseases of the liver, gall bladder and pancreas
- Evaluate the dietary requirements of a client or patient who has a medical condition; giving appropriate consideration to that condition, and to identify responsible options for diet planning in response to the situation.
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.