Short Course on Sales Skills for Garden Center Staff
$199.00 Inc GST
Lessons, Quizzes, Final Test, Certificate
About this Course
Do you have a great garden center or work in a garden center but want to improve sales skills? This industry-focused 20 hour sales skills course is aimed particularly at garden centers sales staff. Input from the Garden Center of Australia Association and the writing of professionals in this field, has allowed this course to focus on what is important in keeping a garden center in business today in a highly competitive environment and to help it thrive.
It aims at taking the sales team to the next level in an easy to achieve online course – lots of advice and techniques along with suggested tasks in each lesson to further expand the student’s learning experience and knowledge. Tests at the end of each lesson and a longer one at the end of the course allow the student to monitor their own progress and (if successful) gain a Letter of Completion at the completion end.
Who would Gain from doing this Course?
- Garden center sales assistants looking to improve their sales skills.
- Small garden center owners looking to improve their own sales skills.
- Large garden centers looking for an easily accessible training program for their sales staff –one that has input from industry professionals.
- School leavers who would like to work in nursery sales and have completed or want to also complete a horticultural qualification.
Why this Particular Course?
- It is purely sales focused – builds extra skills for those with horticultural background or knowledge.
- It can be done within 20 hours of study – learn more skills quickly, easily and within your own home or work environment.
- Input from industry gives the learner or garden center manager confidence in what is being taught.
- It isn’t intimidating, yet it is still informative and a great way to quickly expand those important sales skills.
How Will This Course Help Me?
Learning not only boosts sales-skills it encourages confidence, improves self-esteem, and engenders pride in a job.
- Know how to open and close sales.
- Understand that product knowledge is important in selling.
- Know the place that marketing has in sales and useful marketing techniques.
- Understand that knowing how to keep a customer is as important as gaining a new one
- Learn communication skills and techniques and their importance in selling.
- Become a true horticultural sales professional.
How does it work?
At the end of each lesson, you will be given a short interactive test to undertake, which will provide an indication of how your learning is progressing. Upon completing the very last lesson, you will be offered a more thorough automated test or examination. This final assessment can be undertaken at any time of day or night; and any day of the week; and if you achieve an overall pass (60% or more); you will be able to obtain a “certificate of completion” with your name and completion date on it.
Note: these short courses are self-guided online courses and are not to be confused with our tutor-supported online courses.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.