Cutting Propagation Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Study Propagation at Home.
- A skill in high demand worldwide.
- Learn what to propagate and how to achieve a high rate of success.
- Learn to be economically viable in your propagation.
- A highly desirable course for anyone working in the plant production industry.
Study this course to develop a well rounded understanding of what affects the success of cutting propagation, and how to improve your results, whatever level or scope of operation you are working at.
- To familiarise the student with the principles of propagating plants by cuttings
- To develop an understanding of how to propagate plants from stem cuttings
- To develop an understanding of how to propagate plants from non-stem cuttings
- To develop an understanding of the materials and equipment used for propagating plants from stems
- To understand the principles of growing media in relation to cutting propagation
- To understand how and why cuttings form roots. To learn how to manipulate the formation of roots on cuttings
- To understand the principles for establishing successful plant propagation areas
- To understand the principles of nursery crop scheduling
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.