Plant Breeding Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Learn the principles and practices of plant breeding by distance learning online.
This course provides a foundation in the principles of genetics as applied to plant breeding. Learn about genetics, plant reproductive processes, systems of inheritance (hybridisation, mendalian genetics and more), plant breeding within the horticultural industry.
- Describe the commercial and scientific nature of the modern plant breeding industry, on a global basis
- Describe the structure and function of genetic material
- Describe gamete production in plants.
- Explain the results of mono hybrid and dihybrid inheritance in plants.
- Investigate the role of systematic botany in horticulture.
- Explain a variety of different plant breeding techniques.
- Review current developments in plant breeding.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.