Propagation A (Introduction) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Learn the different methods of propagation of plants including seed, cutting and much more in this detailed course.
- Plan the propagation of different plant species from seeds, using different seed propagation methods.
- Plan the propagation of different types of plants from cuttings, using different cutting propagation methods.
- Plan the propagation of various types of plants using a range of propagation techniques, excluding cuttings and seed.
- Determine the necessary facilities, including materials and equipment, required for propagation of different types of plants.
- Determine a procedure to minimise plant losses during propagation.
- Determine the management practices of significance to the commercial viability of a propagation nursery.
- Design a propagation plan for the production of a plant.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.