Acacias Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Learn about care and commercial growing of Acacias – the native Australian food crop
In this course you will learn about the identification, botany, and culture (planting, watering, feeding, propagation) of the wattles. Around 50 species are studied in detail. You also learn about the commercial uses of Acacias as building materials, food plants, for tanning, craft, etc. Suitable for horticulturalist, crop growers and interested students.
- Describe the way in which Acacias are classified.
- Determine how to find reliable resource information that relates to Acacias
- Describe the physiology of Acacias
- Determine cultural requirements that are common to Acacias
- Determine propagation methods that are commonly applicable to Acacias.
- Describe a variety of commercial uses for Acacias.
- Describe a range of other practical uses for Acacias.
- Identify and recommend treatment for a variety of health problems occurring with Acacias.
- Develop an in depth understanding of one aspect of Acacia Growing.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.